Join the mailing list

Monday, June 04, 2007

Davey Dance Blog vs Harvey Danger: A Challenge to Blood Arm Fans Everywhere

Check this out:



Q: Pretty awesome, right?

A: Yes, Ben Lee. This is totally awesome.

An impromptu dance party to one of your favorite favourite pop songs in front of a place of historical interest (that I can't recognize, that I can't recognise for the life of me). It's genius, really: This way everyone knows how worldly these kids are, that they dress snappy wherever they go, that they're swell dancers, and that--most importantly--they like the Blood Arm. Davey does this everywhere he goes; he is a sharp dressing jet-setter who dances brilliantly and loves the Blood Arm. Check out Davey's other dance blogs to almost-as-good pop songs HERE. We're sort of completely in love with him.

But then I saw this:



Granted, these kids aren't in front of a place of historical interest that I can't recognize/recognise, they're not nearly as handsome or as sharply dressed as Davey and his dance posse, and Harvey Danger? Come on!

Really, though, their video is all kinds of badass. I mean, it's four minutes of well-choreographed fun in one single take. That's some Scorsese shit right there.

Upon viewing it, I found myself a little dumbstruck, a little threatened. Aren't we of the Blood Arm Posse, we of the Davey Dance Blog Posse, we of the Worldwide Blood Army... aren't we supposed to be better than everyone else, or at least not as dumb? So now I'm challenging you, Blood Arm fans, to come up with a TBA lip dub more cleverer than the Harvey Danger one embedded above. This challenge will extend into the year 3000, and our favorite/favourite responses will be posted on BLOOD AMBITION and rewarded in the best way we deem fit. (The best reward we deem fit = the Best Reward Ever = one hour in the hot tub with Zachary and Zebastian.)

So have fun and get back to us on this one.

I love you so much it hurts,

Ben Lee Handler


Coming soon: A salute to TBA Poet Laureate Lawrence Durrell.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this band!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha.
the most ironic thing about this post is that the Harvey Danger video on vimeo is of Davey's co-workers. what a coincidence.

8:29 PM  
Blogger BLOOD AMBITION 2008 said...

For real? Talk about the funnest place to work ever... Tell your homeboy Davey to get his crew to do one of those for US!

2:49 PM  
Blogger us said...

Just so you know: the historical plac ein the background of the first video is the cathedral of Mainz in Germany. Mainz is near Frankfurt, where you had a concert at Cooky's :) By the way...do you have pictures of the gig online? I remember Nathaniel lying in my lap and I'm asking myself since then if I could get some pictures of it as a proof :)

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home