Join the mailing list

Friday, October 06, 2006

We Get Letters; Caption Contest Winners!

Before I post the long-overdue winning captions to the caption contest, a quick word from our dear friend Tyson, who is always on tour with one band or another.

Dear The Blood Arm UK,

This is your friend Tyson, writing from AmsterDAMN! I am lucky enough to be in the third week of a 7-week European tour playing piano for Casiotone For The Painfully Alone and thought I'd relay the following story:

Two nights ago I was in the Gay City Of Lights, Paris. It was around 1:30 in the AM and I was just returning from a tour of Amelie-related spots when a man accosted me saying, "Come in for beautiful girl!" I said, "No thanks" and kept on walking until I realized I recognized the music blasting through the walls of the strip club within. It's the verse of The Blood Arm UK's new hit single! I stuck around long enough for the chorus, when the door dude was freaking me out too much and wrote "The Blood Arm" on my hand so I would remember it the next morning. I figured if there was one thing you'd all appreciate, it's your music fueling Parisian men's boners as women danced nakedly to it. Congratulations!

By the way, I don't know if you guys have played much outside of the UK, but you get treated so much better everywhere else! Scandanavians treat bands like they're Golden Gods.

Love,
Tyson.

Now, what you've all been waiting and waiting and waiting for:

1. I see dead people.

2. Silly emo, razors are for shaving.

3. Our waitress that night, Ladonna, was a captivating
woman.

4. 'I've had it up to here with these muthafuckin' snails on the muthafuckin' toast!'

5. I KNEW the BLOOD ARM were lying about having a U.K. tour. I found this photo of Ben Lee collecting change while the others busked near Paddington station.

6. Good times with Colonel Sanders brother.

7. No matter how much he pleaded, the girls WERE NOT going to 'Go Wild.'

8. No, I didn't say you could eat my Kashi, but
whatever. What's done is done.

9. Ben Lee gives Sex Ed talk at local highschool.

10. Quoth Nathaniel: 'I can pout better that you and look more dandy in my pink shirt.'

11. 'Remember when I told you I was wearing underpants? I was lying!'

12. OH MY GOD, a manatee!

Cheers to everyone for being patient, and especially to our winners: Siane, Brennan, Sean, Boadwee, Douglas, Kim, and Dan. If you haven't already, please email your addresses to info@thebloodarm.com so I may send you the spoils of victory!

xxxooo,

Ben Lee

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy Me said...

ok, so its Angela again form sydney Australia, remember me??? i nudged you a few months back in the hope for some MP3's of your old stuff....but no JOY...anywho, im still trying to get my grubby mitts on your cd that was released in the UK in september.....BUT guess the fuck what????? i CANT GET MY HANDS ON IT !!!!! Any hints on how to get my gruby mitts on it??? If i have to wait till you haul ass down under then so be it, however any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Much Love
Desperatley Seeking Blood
Angela Goode

6:32 AM  
Blogger BLOOD AMBITION 2008 said...

Angela! All your questions are answered in the Monday, 16 October post!

We love you!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home